- Today will be another gorgeous Fall day! The National Weather Service says it’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 68 and tonight may be partly cloudy, with a low around 50.
- There’s an author luncheon at Bank Square Books with Susan Conley in celebration of her new novel Paris Was the Place. Call the store to register. The lunch costs $26 and includes a first edition hard cover copy of the book as well as a catered lunch with your choice of wine or sparkling water as well as readings and discussion time with the author. Please call the store or click the button below to reserve your place. Call (860) 536 - 3795 for more details or to register.
- It’s not too late to purchase tickets for the 9th annual “Brews and Blues” Beer and Wine Tasting on Friday. The event features over 30 beers and wines paired with delicious foods from local eateries. There will be live music from Young Neal and the Vipers. Proceeds will support free family-oriented Chamber events throughout the year. Tickets are available for purchase at The Greater Westerly-Pawcatuck Area Chamber of Commerce for $25/person in advance or $30/person at the door. For more information call The Chamber at 401-596.7761.
- If that’s not your thing, you could check out the Forks and Corks event at Jonathan Edwards Winery, which they are calling a “farmers market meets wine soiree.” There will be local food represented while the winery harvests and presses this year’s chardonnay crop. The event begins at 6:30 p.m., $20/advance or $25/door and includes glass of your favorite wine, delicious small bites and a chance to watch the best of the Harvest Season!
- Drop in Read and Play today at the Stonington Free Library. Go at 10:30 a.m. where babies-2 y.o. will enjoy stories, songs, finger plays, and a chance to meet and play with others; 11:30 a.m. is for ages 3-6.