- Happy October! Today’s going to be another gorgeous fall day. The National Weather Service says it’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 74. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 59.
- Today’s Affordable Housing Committee meeting has been cancelled.
- Everyone is invited to learn contra dancing in Mystic. They say contra dancing is easy to learn... allemande right your corner, balance and swing your partner! There’s a live band playing traditional Irish or French Canadian tunes and dances are led by a caller, who teaches every dance. You can learn the basic moves in fifteen minutes. The dance is at 8 to 11 p.m. at Frohsinn Hall at 58 Greenmanville Avenue.
- The Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce is having its monthly Business Before Hours at New England Science & Sailing, 70 Water Street in Stonington at 8 to 9 a.m. They say “bring your business cards, and join us for a low key, fun networking event every month!” Admission is free, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860.572.9578 for details.
- DQ brings back pumpkin pie flavored blizzards (despite the Facebook campaign for cotton candy blizzards) for this month beginning today.
- Storytime at the Stonington Free Library for ages 0-2 years old begins at 10:30 a.m., story time for ages 3-6 years old begins at 11:30 a.m.