- The National Weather Service forecasts patchy fog before today 9am but otherwise, sunny, with a high near 82. And tonight, you can expect patchy fog after 3am, otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 65.
- New England Science & Sailing Foundation on Water Street in the borough will hold a "back to school" open house for educators and their families from 5 to 8 p.m. next Monday.
- There's a full moon hike tonight, that's free to the public and will have an moderate, medium pace. Walks take place even on overcast nights and are suitable for adults and older children. Steady rain cancels. Hike meets at designated location. Please call the Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center at 860.536.1216 to register or for directions.
- The Westerly Town Beach hosts Blues on the Beach 6 to 8 p.m. Johnny and the East Coast Rockers and Professor Harp are playing tonight.
- Have you hunted down the wild poems around town? The Mystic Arts Center is has installed eleven poetry boxes throughout the town of Mystic for the Poetry of the Wild / Mystic Installation. This will be the last stop of Poetry of the Wild in its tour through southeastern Connecticut. The Mystic installation features entirely the voices of local poets; many of the makers of the boxes also did their own poems. Click here for a list of locations.