- The National Weather Service has been shut down so we’re using Weather Underground today, who says today will be a great day (although Stonington is forecast to be 5 degrees cooler than Groton today). They say it’ll be clear with a high of 75F and tonight will be clear with a low of 50F.
- Get your tickets to the Mystic and Noank Library’s Diamonds and Denim fundraiser. It’ll be at Hummingbird Hollow Farm where they’ll be serving cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, an elegant barbecue (with lots of vegetarian options), dessert, live music and surprises! They says there’s an interesting and eclectic group of Silent and Live Auction items you won't be able to resist. Check this website for those items. Tickets are $75 ($30 is tax deductible). To purchase individual tickets online, click HERE.
- Drop in story time at the Stonington Free Library begins at 10:30 for ages 2 to 6 years old.
- Stonington Historical Society presents: “Built From Stone - The Westerly Granite Story” from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at La Grua Center. Authors John Coduri, Linda Smith Chaffee, and Ellen Madison say the book is an attempt to share bits and pieces of the Westerly granite story so that the present generation can take pride in Westerly’s granite heritage.
- There’s an author luncheon with award winning Hank Phillippi Ryan who will present her new book, “The Wrong Girl,” a “spine-chilling, heart-wrenching suspense novel that explores a terrifying scenario striking at the heart of every family.” $25 includes a signed hard cover copy of The Wrong Girl, a catered lunch and discussion/time with the author at Bank Square Books today at 12. Click here to register.