What are you doing for Father’s Day this year? Whether your family loves outdoor adventures, cozy brunches, or going to museums - we’ve got some great ideas for you across the state of Connecticut. See below for inspiration!
Activities in Mystic Country
- Kenny Rogers at Foxwoods MGM Grand Theater (Mashantucket), Saturday, June 16 at 8pm. See the country star live in concert with dad! Tickets are $30 - $55 each.
- Sail away with ARGIA on Father’s Day (Mystic), Sunday, June 17 starting at 10:20am. Take Dad on a half-day or sunset cruise aboard an 81-foot sail boat! The first boat leaves at 10:20am and the last boat leaves at 5:30pm. Prices vary.
- Father’s Day at Mystic Aquarium (Stonington), Sunday, June 17 from 9am-5pm. Visit Mystic Aquarium with Dad on Father’s Day and choose from a variety of exhibits including Beluga Whales, Titanic, Sea Lions, SpongeBob SquarePants 4-D and more. Adults get in for $29 each, kids for $21 each and children age 2 and under gain entry for free.
- Mystic Seaport with Dad (Stonington), Sunday, June 17 from 9am-5pm. Head to Mystic Seaport to see its re-created 19th-century village. Stroll the grounds with Dad and feel like a true townsperson. Choose from various historical exhibits and performances or get out on the water on Mystic’s historic boats. Adults gain entry for $25 each, youth (6-17) for $22 each and children under 5 can enter for free!
Activities in River Valley
- Strawberry Fest and Golf Center Grand Opening at Lyman Orchards (Middlefield), Saturday, June 16, 9am-7pm. The grand opening of the Golf Center coincides with their annual Strawberry Fest. Enjoy free tastings of strawberry treats, live music with the Monthei Brothers Band, pie eating contests, horse-drawn wagon rides and more family fun! Free golf demos and clinics for all ages will be available throughout the day.
- Head to Cavey’s Italian Restaurant for Dinner with Dad (Manchester), Sunday, June 17 from 4pm-8pm. Voted “Best of Hartford Magazine 2011,” Cavey’s serves a hearty version of Italian cuisine. The New York Times even called it, “One of the most authentic, moderately priced Italian restaurants in the country.”
- Farmington River Tubing (New Hartford), Sunday, June 17, 10am-5pm. Take a splash in the bright yellow or green river tubes for a 2.5 mile ride down the wild and scenic Farmington River. Catch some rays or just cool off! $20 per person, cash only.
- Visit the Dinosaurs Unearthed Exhibit at the Connecticut Science Center (Hartford), Sunday, June 17 from 10am-5pm. Take dad to experience 14 animatronic dinosaurs from the Mesozoaic Era come to life, including a 45’ Tyrannosaurus Rex. Make sure to see it soon…the exhibit ends September 2. Tickets: Adults $19, Kids (4-17) $14. Children 3 years old and younger get in for free!
- Outdoor Adventure Fun with EMPOWER (Middletown), Sunday, June 17. If your dad loves outdoor adventure, take advantage of this great deal. Zipline with EMPOWER and dad will get their Tree Climb Adventure for free.
- Celebrate Father's Day by Making Memories with Dad at Lake Compounce! (Bristol), Sunday, June 17 from noon-2pm. Start off the summer right by making a splash with Dad at New England's Family Theme Park. Stop by The River's booth in front of Rev-O-Lution to win a great prize pack. Tickets are based on height – see prices here.
Activities in Great New Haven
- Take a ride at Quassy Amusement Park (Middlebury), Sunday, June 17 from 11am-8pm. Quassy boasts 22 rides including the Yo-Yo Super Swing, The Big Flush Water Coaster, a Grand Carousel and a variety of rides as well as attractions for the very young. Stop by the Saturation Station – an interactive water play area. Tickets are based on height – see prices here.
- Sunday Afternoon at the Cheshire Historical Society (Cheshire), Sunday, June 17 from 2-4 pm. See what’s inside the Hitchcock-Phillips House or go on the self-guided "Heritage Walk" that takes you around the Cheshire Town Green to learn more about the historical buildings. Admission is free!
Activities in Fairfield County
- Make a Splash with Dad at Lakeside Watersports (Danbury), Sunday, June 17 from 7am-8pm. Spend Father’s Day doing water activities like Wakeboarding, Waterskiing, Tubing, Slalom Skiing, Wakeskating, Wakesurfing and Kneeboarding. It’ll be an experience you’ll talk about for years later.
- Brunch at Tavern on Main (Westport), Sunday, June 17 from 11:30am-9pm. Enjoy a Father’s Day brunch on the patio. Peruse the shops on Main Street afterwards.
- Grab a Bite to Eat at Stew Leonard’s, Sunday, June 17 from 8am-9 pm. Head to a Stew Leonard’s location in Danbury, Newington or Norwalk if you’re craving farm fresh foods. Make sure to check out their award-winning buffet!
- Father’s Day at Beardsley Zoo (Bridgeport), Sunday, June 17 from 9am – 4pm. Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo is celebrating dads! Spend quality time with yours this Father’s Day at the zoo. Plus, he gets in free!
- Father’s Day at Summer Theatre Festival at Waveny Park – Dads get in free! (New Canaan), Sunday, June 17 at 12:30pm (Wizard of Oz) or 3pm (My Fair Lady). All Dads accompanied by a child are admitted free! Shows take place in a state-of the-art open air tent theatre easily accessible with convenient parking. Bring a picnic lunch or dinner to the shows or arrange to have one waiting!
- Gift dad with Unbakeables on Father’s day. Have a father with a sweet tooth? Win dad’s heart through his stomach. The Connecticut-based company, Whipped Up, makes mouth-watering treats called Unbakeables. These perfectly topped cookie dough bites come in an array of flavors, including Birthday Cake and original Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. $15 for a 10-pack of treats.
Activities in Litchfield Hills
- Catch a Rodeo or Demolition Derby at Goshen Stampede (Goshen), Sunday, June 17 from 10am-8pm. Other fun activities to do with dad include watching the Amateur Truck Pull or Car Race and visiting the Petting Zoo. Adults get in for $12 each and youth (10-18 yrs.) get in for $6 each. Children Under 10 years get in free with this coupon and a paid adult!