1. Local author Frank Heppner will be at the at 6 p.m., to dicuss his new book . Learn about historic railways including the Stonington Line to the Boston and Providence Railroad, during the free event. Heppner took his first train ride at the age of 3 and traveled around the country by himself at the age of 16. We wouldn't be the state that we are today without the introduction of the railroads that first came in 1835," said Heppner. "The state's been totally dependent on railroads ever since."
2. is looking for volunteers to help coordinate the planning and running of a charity event on June 16, 2012. Fitnostics is organizing a to raise money for Wounded Warriors and improve health in the community. For more information contact Bethany at Bethany@fitnostics.com.
3. We want to say “good morning!” to you every morning. That's what the daily Patch email newsletter is all about. Every morning, as you're rising to start your day, we send you the latest local headlines, events, blogs, photos and community tidbits—right to your inbox, free of charge. Getting it is easy. Just go to stonington.patch.com/newsletters. Type your email address and click "Sign Up." That's it! Get ready to say good morning with Patch.
4. Thomas “Captain” Blood attempted to steal the Crown Jewels on May 9, 1671.
5. Today's thought: "There are many trails up the mountain, but in time they all reach the top." —Anya Seton