1. We want to say “good morning!” to you every morning. That's what the daily Patch email newsletter is all about. Every morning, as you're rising to start your day, we send you the latest local headlines, events, blogs, photos and community tidbits—right to your inbox, free of charge. Getting it is easy. Just go to stonington.patch.com/newsletters. Type your email address and click "Sign Up." That's it! Get ready to say good morning with Patch.
2. It’s all about Twitter at the Southeast Chapter of Connecticut Authors and Publishers Association meeting today at 6:30 p.m. Dan Uittie, author of Keep Your Computer Alive, will explain how twitter works and how writers can take advantage of the social network for marketing. The event is free at the Groton Public Library. For more information contact SECAPA Chairperson Tom Santos by phone at 860-599-5067 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Children's Dentistry of Westerly is hosting a holiday food drive for the families in our community. All donations will go to the Pawcatuck Neighborhood Center and the Jonnycake Center of Westerly. Drop off donations at 130c Granite Street, Westerly, R.I. Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
4. Small Business Saturday is this Saturday, November 24. What’s the best purchase you ever made at a local small business?
5. Today's thought: "Words really flattering are not those which we prepare but those which escape us unthinkingly." —Ninon de Lenclos