1. The Stonington Community Center is hosting a free AARP tax preparation program today from noon to 4 p.m. Anyone is welcome to attend and if you can't make it today there will be additional programs on Feb. 21, March 7, March 21, April 4 and April 11. Call the COMO at 860-535-2476 to make an appointment.
2. Congratulations to Youth and Family Services Administrator Leanne Theodore on her new role!
3. The Greater Westerly-Pawcatuck Area Chamber of Commerce is taking sponsorship forms for the 15th Annual Pawcatuck River Duck Race.
On Saturday, April 27 more than 20,000 rubber ducks will be dropped in the Pawcatuck River. The corporate race takes place at 1 p.m. and the main race at 1:30 p.m. Docks cost $5 each and the race benefits a number of local charities.
For information and/or to sponsor a duck contact the Greater Westerly-Pawcatuck Area Chamber of Commerce at 401-596-7761 or by email@example.com.
4. Join the Mystic Arts Center tonight from 7 to 9 for cocktails and creativity during Artini Late Night. Tonight's martini is Kiss-me-tini and the Zentangle designs will help create Valentine's Day cards. The cost is $10.
5. Clean Up Sound and Harbors (CUSH) is conducting two days of Natural Lawn and Turf Management Workshops. Charles “Chip” Osborne, founder and president of Osborne Organics and a member of the Northeast Organic Farming Association Board will lead the free workshops. Today's workshops are Natural Turf Management: An Overview and .