1. The Stonington Board of Education meets tonight at 7 at Stonington High School. The board is expected to vote on the proposed budget for the 2013-2014 school year.
2. The Mystic Woman's Club, meets tonight from 7 to 9 p.m. at St. Mark's Episcopal Church. Teresa Norris will speak about her book, "Almost Home: How I Lost My Mother Without Losing My Mind: A Faith Journey." The Mystic Woman's Club is a member of the General Federation of Women's Clubs of Connecticut. Potential new members are welcome to attend.
3. Calvary Church Lenten Lunches are back. The lunches resume Feb. 18, 2013 from noon to 1:30 p.m. On Monday, Feb. 18 the lunch is a beef stew. The lunches take place every Monday from Feb. 18 to March 18 and benefit the church's outreach programs and the Pawcatuck Neighborhood Center
4. Cottrell Brewing Company celebrates 16 years of producing craft beers this Saturday. And they are having party! Stop by Cottrell Brewing Company for a free open house from 3 to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 16. The event, only for those that are 21-years-old and up, will feature live music, snacks made with Cottrell bears by Stonington bakery Zestand of course Cottrell craft beers. There will even be the chance to enter a raffle to win Cottrell t-shirts, pint glasses and a lunch and preview tasting of Cottrell’s next beer. Plus the proceeds from the raffle tickets will go to the Pawcatuck Neighborhood Center.
5. If giving blood makes you a little squeamish maybe ice cream will help. Mel’s Downtown Creamery is hosting a blood drive on Feb. 22, 2013 from 4 to 7 p.m. Everyone who gives blood will receive a free pint of ice cream.
The Red Cross website offers a search option for interested donors to find upcoming blood drives in their area.
Do you know about any other upcoming blood drives?