1. Counselors will be at today, following the unexpected death of a 15-year-old Stonington High student. Superintendent Leanne Masterjoseph released the following statement Tuesday evening:
"Stonington's Public Schools are grieving the unexpected loss of a member of our student body. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. We are poised to extend our support to students and staff through the days and weeks ahead. Families are reminded that supports are available to all through the schools. Counseling will be in place in the morning."
At Patch we also extend our deepest condolences to his family, friends and really the entire community. A loss so young is especially tragic, and I think we are all in a state of shock.
2. at the Stonington Board of Finance meeting. The meeting takes place in the meeting room at 7 p.m. General government and Capital Improvement Project budgets will be presented.
3. The in Mystic offers with certified instructor Renee Santoro on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 6 p.m. Classes are 45 minutes long and the first class is free. Call 860-245-0037 to reserve a spot in class.
4. Inventor Morris Michtom put the first Teddy bears on sale on Feb. 15, 1903. Mitchtom named the bears after Theodore Roosevelt’s nickname Teddy.
5. Today's thought: "The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up"—Mark Twain.