1. Do you own a small business in Stonington, Mystic or Pawcatuck? Owners or managers should search for their business listing and select "claim your listing" in order to make updates to the page. A form will pop up asking for your name, contact information, and proof of ownership.
Within a few days, someone from Patch will contact you to verify your authenticity, and then you'll be approved as the business owner. Once approved, you'll have a "Manage Your Listing" button on the top of your Directory page. Click the button to be taken to your dashboard.
2. Yachting Magazine is taking nominations through May 15 for its "50 Best Waterfront Towns" competition. And even though Mystic isn’t really a town it made the 2011 list, so let’s make 2012 a winning year. Oxford, Md., took the top spot in Yachting's competition last year. Submit your nomination for "Best Waterfront Town" of 2012 here.
3. I hope you haven’t made plans yet for Sunday. The kicks off at 11:30 a.m. at Calvary Church. The annual May Fair held in the backyard of the includes family friendly activities include children's games, pony rides, bunny hut, basket raffle, bake sale, live music, and lunch.
4. Japan’s postwar, progressive constitution went into effect on May 3, 1947. According to history.com the constitution granted universal suffrage, stripped Emperor Hirohito of all but symbolic power, stipulated a bill of rights, abolished peerage, and outlawed Japan's right to make war.
5. Today’s Thought "If you do the very best you can, the future will take care of itself." —George Mitchell