1. Get some mexican food during a benefit for Catholic charities today from 4 to 11 p.m. Margaritas restaurant in downtown Mystic is hosting Noche Mexicana to Benefit Catholic Charities and according to an event posted on Patch 15 percent of Wednesday night's profits will go to Catholic charities.
2. Try your luck at bingo and help out some local charities at the same time. The Ledyard Lions hosts bingo every Wednesday at the Gales Ferry Firehouse from to 4 to 10 p.m. There are 19 games and the minimum amount of play is $8. All of the proceeds go to local charities.
3. The Mystic Woman’s Club meets tonight from 7 to 9 at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church. The Mystic Woman's Club is a member of the General Federation of Women's Clubs of Connecticut. All potential new members are welcome to attend this or any meeting. For more information, contact Peggy at 860-535-2356.
4. A fundraiser to support the YMCA’s Reach Out to Youth Effort will take place on Thursday, March 14 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at Precision Fitness.
The event is taking place at Precision Fitness’s new location at 39 High Street in Westerly. The Thirsty Thursday event is $10 to watch as a bystander and $20 to participate in the competitions. Precision Fitness Owner Todd Cambio is donating 100 percent of the profits to the YMCA’s fundraising efforts.
5. Pizza lovers can now follow Mystic Pizza on Twitter. The Mystic restaurant joined Twitter this past January and plans on tweeting about the slice of the day, soup of the day and more. Follow them @MPmysticpizza. What are some of the other local businesses you follow on Twitter?