1. The 2012 Girls All Star Teams for has their first game tomorrow. The 11-12-year-olds play at East Lyme on Tuesday, June 19, and then 9-10-year-olds play at Pawcatuck Little League on June 25.
Congratulations to the girls on being selected for the teams: Lainnie Connor, Erin Craig, Abigail Flakus, Trinity Lennon, Emma Miller, Kendra Perez, Briana Beverly, Sela Gill, Nikki Collins, Colette Dreher, Cameron Dreher, Cailee Mathewson, Nicole Moldenhauer, Meagan Albamonti, Miranda Arruda, Gabrielle Dellacono, Kaylee York, Sarah Flakus, Carleigh Sisk, Emma McCann, Molly Banks, Karin Hansen, Katherine Sanford, Grace Ferraro, Tori Lopresto, Katherin Mcneil and Jillian Holland.
2. Looking for some place to have lunch or dinner tonight? Stop by Chili’s from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. for the . Print off your Autism Speaks coupon and Chili’s will donate 10 percent of your purchase to Autism Speaks.
3. Congratulation to Sarah Holman! The Stonington resident made the Dean’s List at Wheelock College this past semester.
“I am confident these exceptional students will go on to pursue successful careers and endeavors and make a difference in the life of families and children across the globe,” said Jackie Jenkins-Scott, President of Wheelock College.
4. President James Madison signed a declaration into law on June 18, 1812 that officially began the War of 1812.
5. Today's thought: "If you tell people where to go, but not how to get there, you’ll be amazed at the results.” —George S. Patton