1. Learn how to make Easy Summer Indian Appetizers from the from 6 to 8 p.m. For $40 the cooking class will teach budding chefs how to make a vegi samosas with tamarind sauce, curry chicken skewers, grilled naan bread and mango lasse.
2. Shout out to and for recently claiming their business listings. Do you own a small business in Stonington, Mystic or Pawcatuck? Owners or managers should search for their business listing and select "claim your listing" in order to make updates to the page. A form will pop up asking for your name, contact information, and proof of ownership.
Within a few days, someone from Patch will contact you to verify your authenticity, and then you'll be approved as the business owner. Once approved, you'll have a "Manage Your Listing" button on the top of your Places page. Click the button to be taken to your dashboard.
3. Join the Coastline Swing Band for a concert in the park at Washington Park in Groton. The free concert begins at 6:30 p.m. The complete Concerts in the Park 2012 schedule can also be found on Groton Utilities’ web site at grotonutilities.com and the City’s web site at cityofgroton.com.
For concert information or cancellation notices, call 860-446-4129, the concert hotline.
4. On July 19, 1979 the worst oil-tanker accident in history occurred when two oil tankers collided off the island of Little Tobago. The collision resulted in the death of 26 crew members and 280,000 tons of spilled oil.
5. Today's Thought: " Today's Thought: "Most people have never learned that one of the main aims in life is to enjoy it."—Samuel Butler