1. You're invited to the opening of ColorFull, an exhibit of paintings by Ronet Noe and former Montville Patch Editor Carrie Jacobson.
The opening show takes place today, Friday, Oct. 12, from 5 to 7 p.m., at the Gallery at Lighthouse, 744 Long Hill Road, Groton. The show will be up through Nov. 21. For more information, click here to visit the gallery's website.
2. On Saturday October 13, Stonington-Mystic Patch, Groton Patch and the Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce are holding a cash mob in downtown Mystic. Ten great local businesses are participating in the event and many of them will have specials for mobsters. We are taking advanced registrations on Patch. All you need to register is your email address and zip code, and be willing to spend spend at least $20 on Saturday, October 13 in downtown Mystic. For questions email Stonington-Mystic Patch Editor Bree Shirvell.
3. Fish & Chips lunches and dinners are back at the Portuguese Holy Ghost Society. The menu includes: fish & chips for $9, whole belly clams $15, scallops for $15 and more. Anyone is welcome to attend.
4. Today is Farmers Day. It’s the chance to celebrate the work of farmers throughout American history.
5. Today's thought: "If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try."—Seth Godin