1. Join for a Lenten lunch. The lunches take place today and on March 19 and 26 at noon at 27 Church St., in Stonington, Conn. Tickets are $10 and benefit the and Calvary Church Outreach programs. This year marks the . Call Lucia Johnstone at 860-912-4144 with questions.
2. Friends of the , Bill Memorial Library and Groton Library are looking for a few good books to eat. The Sixth Annual Edible Books Festival will be held on Sunday, April 1 at the Groton Public Library and the libraries are inviting everyone to create an edible entry. Entry forms are available at the three participating libraries and must be turned in before March 25. For additional information visit the International Edible Book Festival, or call the Mystic & Noank Library at 860-536-07721.
3. want your . The restaurant company with a location in Mystic is asking customers to like Margaritas on Facebook and then upload a two-minute video to YouTube and share the link on their Facebook page or upload and share a photograph with a caption. The entry that receives the most votes by March 28, 2012 will receive a trip for two to the Mayan ruins.
4. Almost 40 inches of snow-covered New York during the Blizzard of 1888. March 12 marks the day the storm became a blizzard.
5. Today's thought: "Sooner or later we all quote our mothers."—Bern Williams