1. and Psychologist Lori Liguori are holding a free interactive, informative transition workshop for students entering grade five at or in the fall. The workshop will take place on Monday, August 20 from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. Call Stonington Human Services at 860-535-5015 for more information.
2. The was delayed due to inclement weather a couple of weeks ago, and the same fate has befallen tonight's schedule show. Luckily, - the only endorsed Aerosmith Tribute Band - had an open date for Aug. 24, at 6:30 p.m. at Donahue Park. Their perofrmance will be added to the bill - Sugar will play as well!
3. Whip up a delicious summer salad with the help of the . From 6 to 8 p.m. today the shop is hosting a summer salad cooking class that will include an oil and vinegar tasting, homemade salad dressing techniques and a strawberry balsamic salad and Asian salad.
4. Word reached London on August 10, 1776, of the American Declaration of Independence.
5. Today's thought: "You can't steal second base and keep one foot on first." —Frederick B. Wilson