1. The Taste of Mystic featuring food samples and entertainment from around the region kicks off at 5 p.m. on Friday, Sep. 7, and continues to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 9. This year Patch will be sponsoring the . During the three-day festival Taste goers will be able to text their votes.
2. Congrats to on reaching the one-year mark in the area. The BBQ joint is celebrating their with music, clowns and games all day on Saturday, Sept. 8.
3. On Saturday, Sept. 8, is hosting a video conference for members of the 100th Infantry Division Association. The call will take place between easymeeting’s office in Mystic, Conn., where members of the 100th Infantry Division Northeast Regional Chapter will gather and the University of Virginia where members of the Southeast Chapter will gather.
"This is the first time in the history of the 100th Infantry Division that they have had their annual convention via video conference,” easymeeting’s Cody Loughlean said. “Up until this year they would hold annual conventions that the veterans would meet at to share combat stories, informally chat with veterans, families and friends but due to funding and the travel restrictions for many of these veterans that is no longer the case. By having them meet now over video conference it will help them to have these get togethers and carry on the traditions and to catch up with fellow veterans across the country."
Easymeeting is providing the service for free.
4. Uncle Sam became the nickname of the United States on September 7, 1813.
5. Today's thought: "Rumor travels faster, but it don't stay put as long as truth."—Will Rogers