1. The Science and Technology Magnet High School
of Southeastern Connecticut (STMHS) is accepting applications for the 2013-2014 school year. The regional comprehensive high school program specializes in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) programming.
2. The Mystic & Noank Library has a number of all fundraisers going on now. During the month of October the library is hosting their annual plate making program. Stop by during normal library hours and can create a design that will be mailed off and molded into 10” durable, dishwasher safe plastic plate. The plates cost $10 each and proceeds benefit the Children’s Room. The library is also holding a Fall Sock Fundraiser during the month of October. The Friends of the Library are taking orders for SolMate Socks, made in Vermont from recycled cotton. Infant’s socks come in sets of five; two pairs and a spare. Kid’s socks come in sets of three; one pair and a spare. Adult socks come in a traditional set of two. The fundraiser ends October 27th with the orders expected to arrive before Thanksgiving. Each set of socks is $20.00, with proceeds going to the Friends of the Mystic & Noank Library.
3. Mystic Republican Bill Cutler announced at last week Republican Town Committee that he is running for the 43rd state house district as a write-in candidate.
“In this election, the use of the ‘write-in’ privilege, creates and attractive opening for unaffiliated and independent voters to participate without getting involved in other emotional issues,” Culter’s write in campaign states.
Cutler said more information on how to vote and his campaign will be available on Facebook.
4. Grab yourself a bowl of pasta for lunch or dinner because today is World Pasta Day.
5. Today's thought: "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." —Bertrand Russell