1. Stonington Human Services is accepting names of children for the 2012 Santa Anonymous Boot Program until Friday, Oct. 26. According to a press release from Stonington Human Services the program provides new winter boots to eligible Stonington children and is sponsored in part by TVCCA’s Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP. Call Stonington Human Services, at 860-535-5015, for more information on the program and on sponsoring a child to receive a new pair of winter boots.
2. Fish & Chips lunches and dinners are back at the Portuguese Holy Ghost Society. The menu includes: fish & chips for $9, whole belly clams $15, scallops for $15 and more. Anyone is welcome to attend.
3. Today is the last day to R.S.V.P. to attend an adults only public reception for Dr. Van W. Riley the newly appointed Superintendent for Stonington Public Schools. The reception will take place on Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2012 from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Mystic Aquarium. R.S.V.P. to Ana deOliveira at the Administration Building by calling 860.572.0506 x2.
4. Take a few minutes today and think about your life and your goals. Oct. 19 is Evaluate Your Life Day.
5. Today's thought: "Just remember, once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed."