1. The meets this morning at the in Stonington. Fresh Connections is a professional women’s networking organization for women business owners and employees. Fresh Connections is looking for women who want to use networking to expand their business, be a part of a small networking group for business women, improve personal marketing strategies and skills, use networking to provide personal and professional support, meet new friends and share and learn techniques to help succeed in the business world. For more information Contact Lorraine Sanborn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-448-2243.
2. Remember how re-opened last week? Well the shop at 145 Water Street will host based British designer for a trunk show from 3 to 6 p.m. Come by and check out her jewelry and sample some wine and cheese.
3. The is seeking . The fair takes place on Saturday, August 4 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Volunteers are needed for set-up, clean-up, food tenet, prize table, raffle and children’s game area. Shifts are available for particular shifts. Call Noreen Kepple at 860-535-2476 or email her at email@example.com to sign up to volunteer or for more information.
4. The Salvation Army was founded on July 5, 1865, by William and Catherine Booth in London.
5. Today's thought: “Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship - never.” —Charles Caleb Colton