1. Looking for someplace to have lunch or dinner tonight? Stop by Chili’s from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. for the . Print off your Autism Speaks coupon and Chili’s will donate 10 percent of your purchase to Autism Speaks.
2. Today is the deadline to apply for for an absentee ballot for the June 5 Budget Referendum. All voters who are eligible to vote in the upcoming referendum may vote by absentee ballot if they will be out of town on referendum day or have an illness or physical disability which prevents them from going to the polls. Absentee ballots for the Tuesday, June 5 Budget Referendum are available in the . You must apply in person or have someone pick up an application at the Town Clerk’s Office by 4 p.m. today. If you have any questions about absentee ballots contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 860-535-5060.
3. The 125th anniversary annual meeting of the District is scheduled for 7 p.m., today. at the fire station on Liberty Street. State sen. Andy Maynard and State rep. Diana Urban will be there to present a proclamation from the governor and a citation from the general assembly.
4. Congress passed the 19th Amendment on June 4, 1919 guaranteeing women the right to vote.
5. Today's thought: "We sit in the mud…and reach for the stars." —Ivan Turgenev.