1. The American Liver Foundation is looking for runners to join their 2013 Run for Research Boston Marathon team. The race takes place on April 15, 2013. Join online at liverteam.org, or contact Lauren Gainor email@example.com 617-527–5600. For more information on the American Liver Foundation, visit http://www.liverfoundation.org/. For more information about the Run for Research, visit liverteam.org.
2. The Greater Westerly-Pawcatuck Area Chamber of Commerce is taking sponsorship forms for the 15th Annual Pawcatuck River Duck Race.
On Saturday, April 27 more than 20,000 rubber ducks will be dropped in the Pawcatuck River. The corporate race takes place at 1 p.m. and the main race at 1:30 p.m. Docks cost $5 each and the race benefits a number of local charities.
For information and/or to sponsor a duck contact the Greater Westerly-Pawcatuck Area Chamber of Commerce at 401-596-7761 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The second installment of Stonington real estate and personal property taxes are due February 1.
4. Stop by the Mystic Arts Center between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. for the Annual Members & Elected Artists Exhibition. The exhibition highlights the work of Mystic Arts Center members.
5. Stop by Tony D's in New London for Green Drinks. From 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., the group of New London county residents will talk about sustainability. For more information email: Eileen@eoecodesigns.com