1. Join the Stonington Community Center (COMO) for a spooky evening celebrating Halloween tonight from 6 to 8 p.m. Families are welcome to join the party which features a Haunted Playground, Ms. Peg telling Halloween tales, a Halloween Maze, games, prizes and dancing hosted by DJ Mr. Alex. Dress in your best costumer for the chance to win some awesome prizes during the costume contest. Activities are age appropriate children three to twelve. For more information visit www.thecomo.org.
2. The Nature Center transforms into a world of spooktactular fun with winding and weird trails filled with spooks and creatures on Friday, Oct. 26 and Saturday, Oct. 27, 2012 for the annual Spooky Nature Trail. Children and families are invited to the Nature Center to take a self-guided walk along haunted trails from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. There will also be Halloween treats, crafts and games. The trails will be dark so bring a flashlight.
3. Stonington Human Services is accepting names of children for the 2012 Santa Anonymous Boot Program until Friday, Oct. 26. According to a press release from Stonington Human Services the program provides new winter boots to eligible Stonington children and is sponsored in part by TVCCA’s Retired & Senior Volunteer Program. Call Stonington Human Services, at 860-535-5015, for more information on the program and on sponsoring a child to receive a new pair of winter boots.
4. Today is Frankenstein Friday. The day celebrates the birth of Frankenstein and its creator.
5. Today's thought: "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." —Charles M. Schulz