1. Charlene LaVoie and Barry Boodman discuss hot coffee and its affect on tort reform on today from 7 to 9 p.m., at the Mystic & Noank Library. The free diccussion is part of a continuing series presented by the non-profit organization, The Law Works. For more information, call 860-536-7721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. On Saturday October 13, Stonington-Mystic Patch, Groton Patch and the Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce are holding a cash mob in downtown Mystic. Ten great local businesses are participating in the event and many of them will have specials for mobsters. We are taking advanced registrations on Patch. All you need to register is your email address and zip code, and be willing to spend spend at least $20 on Saturday, October 13 in downtown Mystic. For questions email Stonington-Mystic Patch Editor Bree Shirvell.
3. Explore the Coogan Farm property during a guided tour at 10 a.m. on Tuesdays in the fall. Join the Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center and The Campaign to Save Coogan Farm on a walk of the property. Call the DPNC at 860-536-1216 to sign up for the free walk.
4. Today is Moldy Cheese Day, just in case you were wondering.
5. Today's thought: "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."—Thomas Jefferson