1. Congratulations to Tricia Walsh on her new job as the President of the Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce.
2. Did you know you can find job opportunities on Patch? You can find job opportunities posted in our announcement section. Right, now there is an opening for a yoga instructor in Stonington and for a wood cabinet and floor renewal technician in southeastern Connecticut. And if you're looking to fill a position at your local company post the job opening on Patch.
3. The Stonington Free Library is holding a Drop In Story Time for children up to two-years-old today at 10:30 a.m., and for children ages three to six today at 11:30 a.m. Stop by for story time with books, finger plays and songs.
4. Amica Insurance offers eight tips for using a space heater:
- Keep a distance of 36 inches between the heater and combustible materials like bedding, furniture, wall coverings and other flammable items.
- Do not leave a heater unattended.
- Electric heaters should be inspected prior to use. Check the cord for fraying and cracking, and look for broken wires or signs of overheating in the device itself.
- Use only heavy-duty extension cords marked with a No. 14 gauge or larger wire.
- If the heater plug has a grounding prong, use only a grounding (three-wire) extension cord.
- Never run the heater cord, or any cord, under rugs or carpeting.
- With liquid fuel-powered devices, use only kerosene or oil heat. Never use gasoline or any other substitute fuel.
- Allow the heater to cool down before refueling.
5. The Stonington Chapter of Fresh Connections meets this morning at 8:30 at the Velvet Mill. Fresh Connections is a women's networking organization and each chapter only has 20 members. The Stonington Chapter does have openings for new members. Contact Lorraine Sanborn by phone at 860-448-2243 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.