1. Advantage Personal Training is hosting a free kickboxing demostration tonight at 6:30. Keith Kessinger will demonstrate basic techniques and self-defense exercises.
2. The . Grants were issued to researchers from the Cold Springs Harbor Laboratory, the Roswell Park Cancer Institute, and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute-Harvard. Each recipient receives a $100,000 research grant.
3. The Greater Westerly-Pawcatuck Area Chamber of Commerce is taking sponsorship forms for the 15th Annual Pawcatuck River Duck Race.
On Saturday, April 27 more than 20,000 rubber ducks will be dropped in the Pawcatuck River. The corporate race takes place at 1 p.m. and the main race at 1:30 p.m. Docks cost $5 each and the race benefits a number of local charities.
For information and/or to sponsor a duck contact the Greater Westerly-Pawcatuck Area Chamber of Commerce at 401-596-7761 or by email email@example.com.
4. The Mystic River Historical Society presents a lecture by Kate Dimancescu tonight at 7:30 at the Mystic Congregational Church. Dimancescu will speak about her new book The Forgotten Chapters: My Journey into the Past. The program is free and open to the public. For more information, call the Mystic River Historical Society 860-536-4779, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The second installment of Stonington real estate and personal property taxes are due February 1.