1. Geologist and University of Connecticut professor Dr. Robert Thorson presents a lecture on the . The free lecture begins at 7:30 p.m. at the Mystic Congregational Church.
2. Congratulations to ’s Joni Moody who will receive the Eastern Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Student Community Leader Award.
According to a press release the award honors juniors from across the region who demonstrate outstanding leadership skills through participation in volunteer services, the promotion of school activities, leadership in the classroom and participation in school office or positions of responsibility.
Moody will be honored, along with Stonington High’s School’s 2012 Valedictorian Alex Schroeder at a breakfast on May 30 at the Groton Inn & Suites.
3. Learn how to protect your assets while remaining Medicaid eligible at a free seminar at the . crisis takes place from 6:30 to 8:30 and is intended for adults of all ages. The current average cost for nursing home care in Connecticut is at more than $124,465 per year. To register, please call the Library at (860) 536-7721, email email@example.com, or inquire at the Circulation Desk.
4. James Richardson became a free man after 21 years in prison on April 25, 1989. Richardson was wrongfully convicted of killing his seven children.
5. Today's thought: "Faith is not being sure where you're going, but going anyway." —Frederick Buechner