1. We want to say “good morning!” to you every morning. That's what the daily Patch email newsletter is all about. Every morning, as you're rising to start your day, we send you the latest local headlines, events, blogs, photos and community tidbits—right to your inbox, free of charge. Getting it is easy. Just go to stonington.patch.com/newsletters. Type your email address and click "Sign Up." That's it! Get ready to say good morning with Patch.
2. Grab some fresh, local food at the today. The market, located at the , is open from 2 to 6 p.m. on Tuesdays. And if your searching for something yummy to make visit our In The Kitchen with Fay series.
3. How did you do in last week’s Battle of Stonington 5k? If you’re looking for another race tomorrow, August 29, 2012 is the . Join the Y from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., for running, food and enterainment. A free kids fun run begins at 5:30 p.m. and the 5k at 6 p.m. The race starts at the Y, runs along the Pawcatuck River, through Wilcox Park, and finishes at the Y. Registration fee is $20 in advance, $25 on race day for adults. $15 ages 18 and under. Entry forms are available at the 3 YMCA branches or at www.oceancommunityymca.org. For more information, call 401-596-2894, ext. 112.
4. Protests began at the 1968 Democratic National Convention, when according to History.com tens of thousands of people protesting the Vietnam War battle with police on the streets of Chicago.
5. Today's Thought: "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."—Ambrose Bierce