1. After being a postponed number of times, the 54-hour Mystic drawbridge closure is taking place beginning today at noon. The closure will continue until 6 p.m. on Wednesday, March 13. During that time, the bridge will be closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
The closure was to allow the installation of a vehicle barrier gate system that will span Route 1 on the Stonington side of the bridge.
Businesses in downtown Mystic will remain open during the closure.
2. Congratulations to the Southeastern Seahawks Pee Wee team. They won the March 3, Connecticut Hockey Conference Smyth Division State Championship game against the Enfield Eagles.
3. You know what sounds good for lunch today? Honey baked spiral ham with sweet potatoes and string beans. And you know where you can get? At Calvary Church's Lenten Lunch today from noon to 1:30 p.m. The lunches cost $10 and the proceed's benefit Calvary Church and the Pawcatuck Neighborhood Center.
4. The Mystic Rotary Club meets today at noon at the Mystic Hilton. The club is always seeking community-service oriented new members and meets every Monday at noon. Contact Laureen Morley at 860-608-9967 or email@example.com for more information.
5. Stop by the Mystic Arts Center between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. to see Young at Art, a showcase of artwork from local students ages 18 and younger. The show runs until March 16.