1. Join the for Books Sandwiched In at noon. Bill Emberton will discuss American poet Ezra Pound and the library will provide coffee and tea.
2. Trying to get in shape for the New Year’s? Join the for Mystic Fun Runs. The 10k run begins at 6 p.m., and there will be free beer when the run ends for all participants.
3. Stonington-Mystic Patch is looking for local voices to become . If you have an interest, a hobby, a passion, an opinion, we want you to blog. Email email@example.com for more information.
4. The Quarter Court of Boston granted Anne Clarke a divorce from Denis Clark on Jan. 5, 1643. It was the first legal divorce in the U.S. WNPR's Where We Live discussed our society's current marriage rates on Jan. 3, 2012. According to the program which cited recent study, just 51 percent of adults over 18 are married today; a record low.
5. Today's thought: "The more we share, the more we have"—Leonard Nimoy.