1. Join the Mystic River Historical Society and Mystic Congregational Church for a presentation by Carolyn Wakeman, author and Trustee of the Florence Griswold Museum. The free discussion takes place tonight at 7 at the Mystic Congregational Church. Wakeman will talk about the history of Old Lyme. For more information, call the Mystic River Historical Society at 860-536-4779, or email email@example.com.
2. There's only a few days left to stop by the Mystic & Noank Library to see recent works of art from the Mystic Photography Group. The exhibit runs through the month of February.
3. The Mystic River Bridge closure, which was scheduled to take place from 7 a.m. on March 1 until 1 p.m. on March 3, has been postponed. It will be rescheduled soon. During the bridge closure, businesses will still be open along with Route 1. Traffic will be diverted from Route 1 to I-95 along Allyn Street in Groton and Route 27 in Stonington.
4. Sign-up now for the BoldrDash. The 5k trek through mud, obstacles and water takes place May 18 and May 19 at Westerly Town Beaches and Misquamicut State Beach in Westerly, R.I. This year, the race will be a fundraiser for "Bring Back the Beach."
5. Advantage Personal Training is hosting a Soles4Souls Shoe Drive until March 7. Drop off a pair of shoes in any condition. For more information visit www.giveshoes.org.