1. Lots of nursery school tours happening today. is offering a tour of their school at 2 p.m. for any families interested in enrolling for the 2012-13 school year. Contact program director Jen Manfredi at 860-535-0398 for additional information. And the is offering tours of their early childhood school and care center. The school is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Call them at 860-599-9734 for more information or to schedule a tour.
2. Special Olympics Connecticut is looking for volunteers for its 2012 . The two-day festival takes place on September 8 and September 9 at locations around Connecticut and in Rhode Island. More than are expected to participate. Stonington’s will host the sailing event. For more information and to find out about volunteer opportunities visit www.soct.org, email email@example.com or call 203-230-1201.
3. The meets today at noon at the .The Mystic Rotary is looking for new community-service oriented members. Contact Laureen Morley at 860-608-9967 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. And if you can’t make it this week they meet every Monday at noon at the Mystic Hilton, and they will be at the Taste of Mystic selling Dell’s Lemonade September 7 to 9.
4. The Civil War came to Cape Hatteras, North Carolina on August, 27, 1861 when according to History.com Union ships sailed into Hatteras Inlet.
5. Today's Thought: "The real moment of success is not the moment apparent to the crowd."—George Bernard Shaw