1. Come listen to the Shoreline Ringers at the Calvary Church from 7 to 8:15 p.m. The southeastern Connecticut community handbell rings 5 octaves of handbells and 5-1/2 octaves of handchimes. The event if free and open to the public. For more information visit http://shorelineringers.org.
2. On Sunday, we'll unveil a new look for Patch that helps you live better in Stonington, Mystic and Pawcatuck. You’ll be able to:
Personalize Stonington-Mystic Patch by following groups. A few clicks makes your local news feed custom-fit to the topics you care about. Police blotter and shelter pets? Taxes and restaurant reviews? Why not?
Better organize your day by creating groups of your own. Use Patch to plan a rec sports league or school fundraiser. Everyone can finally be on the same page—literally.
Experience a better mobile Patch. We know you live on your smartphone—so we put everything you love about Patch in a smaller, more portable package.
Share comments and photos more intuitively and much, much faster.
Turn any blog or opinion piece into a mini-community of interest, complete with followers of your very own.
For a sneak peek, check out Long Beach (NY) Patch and let us know what you think.
3. We want to say “good morning!” to you every morning. That's what the daily Patch email newsletter is all about. Every morning, as you're rising to start your day, we send you the latest local headlines, events, blogs, photos and community tidbits—right to your inbox, free of charge. Getting it is easy. Just go to stonington.patch.com/newsletters. Type your email address and click "Sign Up." That's it! Get ready to say good morning with Patch.
4. Still need holiday cards? Habitat for Humanity of Southeastern Connecticut in New London is selling holiday cards and other items at their 377 Broad St, New London office. Proceeds benefit Habitat for Humanity.
5. Today's thought: "I think of life as a good book. The further you get into it, the more it begins to make sense." —Harold Kushner