1. If you haven’t yet got your flu shot and have some time this morning there is a public flu clinic scheduled in North Stonington. VNASC is sponsoring the flu clinic from 9 to 11 a.m. at the North Stonington Senior Center at 391 Norwich Westerly Rd. Medicare, Connecticare, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Federal Blue Cross and AETNA will be accepted. For more information visit www.vnasc.org or call 860-444-111.
2. We want to say “good morning!” to you every morning. That's what the daily Patch email newsletter is all about. Every morning, as you're rising to start your day, we send you the latest local headlines, events, blogs, photos and community tidbits—right to your inbox, free of charge. Getting it is easy. Just go to stonington.patch.com/newsletters. Type your email address and click "Sign Up." That's it! Get ready to say good morning with Patch.
3. Join the Southeast Chapter of the Connecticut Authors and Publishers for their October meeting tonight at 6:30 at the Groton Public Library. Eileen Albrizio, a writer of poetry and prose as well as a freelance proofreader and editor, will speak.
4. Mikhail Gorbachev won the Nobel Peace Prize on Oct. 15, 1990.
5. Today's thought: "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." —Albert Einstein