1. Memorial Day is just a few days away and with it comes the unofficial start of summer. The Stonington High School Classes of 2013 and 2015 are here to help you get in the summer spirit and the summer shape. The S takes place at 10 a.m. on Monday May 28. Proceeds from the race will benefit the Classes of 2013 and 2015, and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the . The cost of registration is $15 before race day and $20 on race day. The race is open to runners and walkers. The will receive a free Bearathon T-shirt. Those interested should visit the website at www.stoningtonhigh.org.
2. is looking for volunteers to help coordinate the planning and running of a charity event on June 16, 2012. Fitnostics is organizing a Pushups For Chairty Team to raise money for Wounded Warriors and improve health in the community. For more information contact Bethany at Bethany@fitnostics.com.
3. We want to say “good morning!” to you every morning. That's what the daily Patch email newsletter is all about. Every morning, as you're rising to start your day, we send you the latest local headlines, events, blogs, photos and community tidbits—right to your inbox, free of charge. Getting it is easy. Just go to stonington.patch.com/newsletters. Type your email address and click "Sign Up." That's it! Get ready to say good morning with Patch.
4. The Brooklyn Bridge open on May 24, 1883. It took fourteen years to complete.
5. Today's thought: "What is forgiven is usually well remembered." —Louis Dudek