1. Artist Sheila Barbone's show opens at the today at 5 p.m. The opening reception is from 5 to 8 p.m., but the work will be on display through July 14.
2. Shout out to and for claiming their business listings. Do you own a small business in Stonington, Mystic or Pawcatuck? Email Bree Shirvell to learn how you can claim your business listing for free.
3. Sails Up 4 Cancer holds their annual regatta this Sunday, June 24 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the . This year Sails Up 4 Cancer will be hosting the Sunshine Kids as special guests of honor for this year’s Regatta. The day will begin for the Sunshine Kids with a sail aboard the schooner down the Mystic River to watch the start of the Regatta. Upon returning to Schooner Wharf, lunch will be held at the Mystic River Yacht Club in the heart of downtown Mystic. For a special treat the kids will be escorted through downtown Mystic over to for a delightful ice cream cone. To wind up the afternoon and prior to the Regatta’s Shore Party at the Mystic Yachting Center, Sails Up 4 Cancer has arranged for free passes to the Mystic Aquarium.
For more information about the regatta and for tickets to the party visit www.su4c.org.
4. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the G.I.Bill on June 22, 1944. The bill was intended to compensate members of the armed services returning from World War II.
5. Today's thought: "A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life." —Charles Darwin.