1. Latitude 41° Restaurant & Tavern is having a benefit for the Sandy Hook School Support Fund tonight. Join them for a special four-course meal while listing to music by The Cartells. Make a reservation by calling 860-572-5303
2. Bank Square Books hosts . McMahon will speak about her latest book The One I Left Behind. Tickets for the luncheon at $15 and includes the purchase of the book, lunch, dessert and wine or seltzer. To make a reservation call Bank Square Books at 860-536-3795.
3. The American Liver Foundation is looking for runners to join their 2013 Run for Research Boston Marathon team. The race takes place on April 15, 2013. Join online at liverteam.org, or contact Lauren Gainor email@example.com 617-527–5600. For more information on the American Liver Foundation, visit http://www.liverfoundation.org/. For more information about the Run for Research, visit liverteam.org.
4. Summit Street Development LLC recently filed an appeal in Superior Court, The Day reported. The appeal comes after the Stonington Planning and Zoning Commission denied Summit Street Development LLC a special use permit to build a 9,000 square-foot dental clinic in Mystic.
5. The Mystic Aquarium is getting 12 wheelchairs thanks to a donation from United Healthcare. The wheelchairs will be available for aquarium guests.
“This is the first time that Mystic Aquarium has had a brand new fleet of wheelchairs,” said Peter Glankoff, the aquarium’s executive vice president. “In the past, new or used wheelchairs were donated one or two at a time, and they often required repairs. UnitedHealthcare’s generous donation will ensure our guests’ comfort and safety for years to come. We are grateful for their support.”