1. The and teamed up to form a . Students are invited to read and discuss by the Yellow House at 3 p.m., Tuesday, April 24. The program is free but registration in advance is required so call 860-535-0658 this morning.
2. It’s . All week-long families are invited to participate in the free celebration of the Earth. Stop by from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., today to make a craft using recycled materials. Take a picture of what you make and it upload to Pics and Clips.
3. We want to say “good morning!” to you every morning. That's what the daily Patch email newsletter is all about. Every morning, as you're rising to start your day, we send you the latest local headlines, events, blogs, photos and community tidbits—right to your inbox, free of charge. Getting it is easy. Just go to stonington.patch.com/newsletters. Type your email address and click "Sign Up." That's it! Get ready to say good morning with Patch.
4. April 23 marks the official celebration of William Shakespeare’s birthday. It’s not known the exact day Shakespeare was born but according to church records he was baptized on April 26, 1564 so it is thought he was born three days earlier.
5. Today's thought: "The only way to have a friend is to be one."—Ralph Waldo Emerson