1. Today's forecast from our friends at the National Weather Service calls for snow tonight! Seriously, Mother Nature, enough.
- Today: Increasing clouds, with a high near 35. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Tonight: Snow before midnight, then rain, snow, and sleet between midnight and 1am, then rain and snow after 1am. Low around 32. East wind 15 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. 1-2 inches of snow accumulation expected.
2. Wednesday is the Dine & Donate benefit for Mystic Community Bikes at S&P Oyster Company. From 5-9 p,.m., the restaurant will donate 15 percent of its proceeds to the group. Check out the Mystic Community Bikes website at www.mysticcommunitybikes.org.
3. The Doris Muller Preschool at the Stonington Community Center has an open house on Thursday from 11:45 a.m., to 12:45 p.m. Parents and children can meet the teaching staff, tour the classrooms, try out all the toys and games, and have a snack! If you can't make it Thursday, another open house is set for April 25.
4. The town's K-12 Building Committee needs a recording secretary. The group meets once a month, and the job responsibilities include recording minutes, drafts and agendas with Town Clerk. It pays $100 per meeting. If you are interested you can email email@example.com
5. Meetings this week:
- K-12 Building Committee (Special Meeting), 7 p.m., Bd. of Ed meeting room, No. Stonington Rd., Old Mystic
- Joint meeting of the 2014 POCD Subcommittee and the Conservation Commission, (Special Meeting), 7 p.m., Police Station meeting room, 173 So. Broad St., Pawcatuck
- Planning & Zoning Comm., 7 p.m., Mystic Middle School, Mistuxet Ave., Mystic
- Bd. of Finance (Special Meeting), 7p.m., Police Station meeting room, 173 So. Broad St., Pawcatuck