1. The Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut is holding a today at noon. Each month the chamber will hold a luncheon, which will feature question and answer sessions exploring new features and uses of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more. The free luncheons are only open to members of the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut. Registration is required and space is limited. To register, visit http://chamberect.com/chamber-activities.
2. It’s at the . Stop by the library at 6:30 p.m. for stories and songs and a snack. The program is free and open to children ages 6 and under. Pajamas option. Call the library at 860-535-0658 for more information.
3. Get your fill of fresh strawberries, cherries, apples and more at the today. The Ledyard Farmers Market takes place every Wednesday at 722 Colonel Ledyard Highway from 4 to 7 p.m. And check out Ledyard Farmer on Patch.
4. Grab yourself a slurpee. Today, marks the 86th year of 7-Eleven and in honor of its birthday the convenience store is giving out free slurpees.
5. Today's thought: "Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition."—Timothy Leary