1. Connecticut Magazine recently released their 2012 issue of the Best of Connecticut. A number of local places were mentioned in the magazine including for breakfast with a view, for New England clam chowder, the for cupcake, the for dinner and a water view, for neighborhood restaurant and for fish sandwich. Visit Connecticut Magazine online for the full list.
2. A Special Joint Meeting of the Stonington Board of Finance and Board of Selectmen meets at 7 p.m. at the Stonington Police Department. The agenda includes the appointment of a Democratic representative to the Board of Fiance and the Stonington Athletic Fields Task Fore.
3. Stop by the and check out the historic postcard exhibit. Carol Sommer and friends mounted a display of postcards from the Stanton-Davis Homestead. See if you can spot the places from Watch Hill, Westerly, Stonington and more in the postcards.
4. Today is Cheese Pizza Day. So grab a cheesy slice. Where’s your favorite place to get cheese pizza?
5. "To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance."—Oscar Wilde