1. We want to say “good morning!” to you every morning. That's what the daily Patch email newsletter is all about. Every morning, as you're rising to start your day, we send you the latest local headlines, events, blogs, photos and community tidbits—right to your inbox, free of charge. Getting it is easy. Just go to stonington.patch.com/newsletters. Type your email address and click "Sign Up." That's it! Get ready to say good morning with Patch.
2. An open meeting of the Southeast Chapter of the Connecticut Authors and Publishers Association takes place today at 6:30 p.m. at the Groton Public Library. Local Psychotherapist Julie Russell will speak about transforming trauma into positive life experiences. For more information contact SECAPA Chairperson Tom Santos by phone at 860-599-5067, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the SECAPA website: secapa.org.
3. Stonington Human Services is accepting names of children for the 2012 Santa Anonymous Boot Program until Friday, Oct. 26. According to a press release from Stonington Human Services, the program provides new winter boots to eligible Stonington children and is sponsored in part by TVCCA’s Retired and Senior Volunteer Program. Call Stonington Human Services, at 860-535-5015, for more information on the program or on sponsoring a child to receive a new pair of winter boots.
4. Today is Constitution Day. On Sept. 17, 1787, 38 of 41 delegates signed the constitution at the end of the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia.
5. Today's thought: "Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to error that counts."—Nikki Giovanni