1. Stonington Public Schools have a 90-minute delay on Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013.
The opening schedule is as follows:
High school starts at 9 a.m., ends at 2 p.m.
Middle schools start at 9:40 a.m., end at 2:40 p.m.
Elementary schools start at 10:25 a.m., end at 3:25 p.m.
AM Kindergarten starts at 10:25 a.m., ends at 12:12 p.m.
PM Kindergarten starts at 12:25 p.m., ends at 3:25 p.m.
AM Pre-School: no school
PM Pre-School starts at 12:25 p.m., ends at 3:25 p.m.
2. Justice of the Peace Marie Tyler Wiley will perform free wedding services on Valentine's Day from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Meeting House at the Olde Mistick Village.
While the wedding ceremony is free couples must bring an official marriage license from the Town of Stonington. Town hall is open between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Wiley has held the free wedding ceremonies at Olde Mistick Village's Old Meeting House for several years and said she typically marries 20 to 22 couples each year on Valentine's Day.
For more information, call Wiley at 860-536-8808 or by email at_Marie@ACTJusticeofthePeace.com_.
3. The Mystic Hoxie Firehouse is hosting a family style pasta dinner to benefit Cindy Grant, an emergency dispatcher fighting multiple myeloma. She needs a stem cell transplant. The dinner will be held from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. on March 4 at the firehouse at 34 Broadway Avenue in Mystic. Tickets are $10 and available at Groton Emergency Dispatch, the Poquonnock Bridge Fire Department and the Mystic Fire Department.
4. The Stonington Free Library is holding a Drop In Story Time for children up to two-years-old today at 10:30 a.m., and for children ages three to six today at 11:30 a.m. Stop by for story time with books, finger plays and songs.
5. The New London Penguin Plunge has been postponed to March 10, 2013. For any questions or concerns, please contact Jackie at email@example.com and for more information on the Penguin Plunge visit http://patch.com/E-sjfx.