1. The Stonington Free Library is holding a Drop In Story Time for children ages three to six today at 11:30 a.m. Stop by for story time with books, finger plays and songs.
2. The American Liver Foundation is looking for runners to join their 2013 Run for Research Boston Marathon team. The race takes place on April 15, 2013. Join online at liverteam.org, or contact Lauren Gainor at email@example.com (617) 527 – 5600. For more information on the American Liver Foundation, visit http://www.liverfoundation.org/. For more information about the Run for Research, visit liverteam.org.
3. Justice of the Peace Marie Tyler Wiley will perform free wedding services on Valentine's Day from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Meeting House at Olde Mistick Village.
While the wedding ceremony is free couples must bring an official marriage license from the Town of Stonington. Town hall is open between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Wiley has held the free wedding ceremonies at Olde Mistick Village's Old Meeting House for several years and said she typically marries 20 to 22 couples each year on Valentine's Day.
For more information, call Wiley at 860-536-8808 or by email at Marie@ACTJusticeofthePeace.com.
4. The New London Maritime Society has announced that it is accepting submissions for this year's Reid MacCluggage Black Maritime History Scholarship.
Open to high school juniors and seniors in good standing, the annual scholarship includes a top prize of $1,000. The second place entry will receive $500.
Entries must be received at the Custom House Maritime Museum by 5 p.m. on March 1 or postmarked no later than that date. For more information, contact museum director Susan Tamulevich at 860-447-2501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Stop by the Mystic Arts Center between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. for the Annual Members & Elected Artists Exhibition. The exhibition highlights the work of Mystic Arts Center members.