1. Dr. Richard Goulding of William Backus Hospital is giving a talk on tonight from 7 to 8 at . Athletes, parents and coaches are invited to attend the free event.
2. Join and the for Business Before Hours from 8 to 9 a.m. The free networking event at Studio M is a low-key way to make some connections in the community. Bring your business cards.
3. in Mystic is holding an artist opening reception from 6 to 8 p.m. for . “Glanis’s compositions come through brilliantly by means of found media, acrylics, ink with occasions of chalk and spray paint,” The Emporium wrote on Patch. The event is part of the Thursday Art Stroll in downtown Mystic.
4. I hope you have time to sit down and a read a book for a few minutes today. September 6 is National Read a Book Day.
5. Today's thought: ""Winning can be defined as the science of being totally prepared."—George Allen