1. Head over Esker Point Beach at 936 Groton Long Point Road for tonight’s . Hope Road plays tonight at 6. Parking is $10 per car at Esker Point Beach or free with a shuttle from Fitch High School.
2. Thanks so much to , and for claiming their directory listings on Patch. If you have a business in Stonington, Mystic or Pawcatuck that you want listed on Patch for free or want to claim email Editor Bree Shirvell.Do you own a small business in Stonington, Mystic or Pawcatuck? Owners or managers should search for their business listing and select "claim your listing" in order to make updates to the page. A form will pop up asking for your name, contact information, and proof of ownership.
Within a few days, someone from Patch will contact you to verify your authenticity, and then you'll be approved as the business owner. Once approved, you'll have a "Manage Your Listing" button on the top of your Places page. Click the button to be taken to your dashboard.
3. Don’t miss the . For the ninth year the artists and artisans of the will open their studios on Friday, July 13 beginning at 5 p.m. More than 30 studios will give visitors of all ages an opportunity to explore the works and worlds of ceramicists, creative arts therapists, designers, glass makers, jewelry makers, metal artists, painters, photographers, restorers, sculptors, and weavers.
4. The Medal of Honor was created on July 12, 1862.
5. Today's thought: "The truth is more important than the facts.”—Frank Lloyd Wright