1. Did you eat plenty of food this past weekend at the Taste of Mystic? What place did you think had the best food? In the Stonington-Mystic Patch Directory you can browse through the restaurants in Stonington, Mystic and Pawcatuck and then write a review. Simply click 'Rate this Business' underneath the business name on the listing. If the restaurant you want to review is missing you can click the 'Know a business or place missing from our directory? Add it!' button after the search and we will be happy to get it posted as soon as possible. And if you have photos from the Taste of Mystic you want to share add them to Pics & Clips.
2. Registration begins today for the 's Fall Story Time. The eight-week classes begin the week of September 24. A lottery system determines registration. For more information contact the Mystic & Noank Library at 860-572-8191.
3. in Mystic is now open. The frozen yogurt place is located at 12 Coogan Boulevard next to Five Guys and near the Mystic Starbucks. At FroyoWorld, customers get their choice of froyo by pulling a lever from a self-serve frozen yogurt machine and then decide how many toppings they want to put in their cup. Customers pay 49 cents for an ounce.
4. George Smith, 25, at the time became the first person ever arrested for drunk driving on September 10, 1897. Smith crashed his taxi cab into a building.
5. Today's Thought: "To draw you must close your eyes and sing." —Pablo Picasso