1. The Denison Homestead is seeking volunteers. According to an announcement posted on Patch, the Denison Homestead offers a variety of volunteer opportunities working with the public or behind the scenes. For more information contact Julie Soto at 860-536-9248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The Mystic Rotary Club is now accepting grant applications. According to an announcement,posted on Patch, applications are due before March 31, 2013.
Each year the club raises money for the grants through the Lobster Days weekend at the Mystic Seaport and the selling of Del’s Lemonade at the Mystic Arts Festival and the Taste of Mystic. Local nonprofit organizations, especially those that serve the Groton, Mystic and Stonington area, are encouraged to fill out an application available on the club’s website. Grants are typically awarded in the amount of $250 to $1,000.
3. The B.F. Hoxie Engine Company runs a fish fry at the Mystic Fire Department on Fridays between 5 and 8 p.m. Each Friday through March 29, at the Holy Ghost fish and chips begin at noon and go to 7:30 p.m. And at St. Edmund’s Retreat at Enders Island the Lenten Fish Fry is in conjunction with the annual Stations of the Cross. Fish fry dinners take place at 5 p.m. and at 6:30 p.m.
4. Stop by the Mystic Arts Center between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. to see Young at Art, a showcase of artwork from local students ages 18 and younger. The show runs until March 16.
5. It’s kindergarten registration time in Stonington.
According to an announcement posted on Patch registration for the 2013-2014-school year, will take place on Monday, March 25 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and on Wednesday March 27, from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., at Deans Mill school and West Vine Street School.
Children must be 5-years-old on or before Jan. 1, 2014 to be eligible for kindergarten. At the time of registration copies of the child's birth certificate, legal guardianship (if applicable), copy of health records, copy of immunization records, current medical physical, copy of custody papers (if applicable) and three forms of proof of residency must be provided.
Anyone with questions prior to registration should call Deans Mill School at 860-535-2235 or West Vine Street School at 860-599-5832.