1. In the wake of the unimaginable tragedy at Sandy Hook School Friday people from all over the world—in Connecticut, California, Canada and much farther away in Australia and India—sent an outpouring of support and want to know how they can help.
If you want to be notified via e-mail of ways to provide comfort and support during this difficult time, please post here: "I want to help."
2. The “Mystic Polar Express” has arrived in the Children’s Room at the Mystic & Noank Library. Barry Boodman and Bill Salancy created and donated what has become a holiday tradition. Children and families are invited to visit the library during regular hours to make the train puff and toot its way around this magical, mystical setting. As a fundraiser, the library is auctioning off the entire set throughout the month of December. Bidding closes on Saturday, December 22 at 2 p.m. The Mystic & Noank Library is located at 40 Library St., Mystic, Conn. Call 860-536-7721 or email email@example.com for more information.
3. What’s the best purchase you ever made at a local small business?
4. The holidays are here and so is all the food.
“When party planning during the holidays, it’s important to have variety,” said Stacy Kennedy, MPH, RD, CSO, LDN, a nutritionist at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston. “Many of the foods we enjoy around the holidays are not only delicious to eat, but they may also contain cancer-fighting nutrients.”
Kennedy and her colleagues created a list of foods and recipes that belong on anyone’s “nice list.”
5. "Today's Thought: " Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."—Carl Bard